An Expat Life: Nicaragua Blues and Ruse

Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Horror of Technology


Orwell was right. Technology will be the death of society....at least mine. I had a near catastrophe with my computer last night. After hunkering down to a nice replay of the 1995 Florida-Florida State football game (thanks again Mike!), I decided to install iTunes to my laptop, thereby accessing my 100 GB of music files for portable listening. Sounds like a good idea, right?

Well, after 12 hours of file reading, initialization, etc...I awoke this morning to the horrible realization that over 50 GBs of music was missing from my external hard drive. Good grief!! Although I had drank some Tonas last night, I hadn't had enough to do something stupid enough to erase 600 CDs worth of music off my hard drive!!! Anyway, with Mike's visit 4 days away, I knew I'd catch a lot of grief if I didn't have the 50 or so Rolling Stones albums that he sent me!! Well, to make a long story short, somehow the half of my music library ended up on my laptop harddrive. How it got there, I haven't a clue....

Technology is to be feared... The day I understand it, is the day I also understand women....two of life's greatest mysteries.

No comments: