An Expat Life: Nicaragua Blues and Ruse

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Firefox and Other Ramblings...


'A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.'

-Bob Dylan

Well, based on Bob Dylan's criteria, I'm the Donald Trump of leisure. I'm a lucky man, living an enchanted life. Yesterday, I attended yet another Nica 4-year old birthday party. It was a bit of a letdown, as there was only Johnnie Walker 'Red'.....no 'Blue Label' this go-round. Oh well, sometimes, I feel like we're the only 'middle-class' folks in this whole country. We either hobnob with the crooks, or we get with 'The People' (proletariat, for all you Marxists out there....)

So anyway, not much to report today....except for a little computer information/commentary. Sometimes, it is necessary to experience some degree of misfortune in order to find something truly positive in life. For example, I would've never found my lovely wife, had I not been used like toilet paper by my jezebel ex-girlfriend. Sure, at the time, I was heartbroken. I thought I had found the girl that would make my life complete, only to realize that things weren't what they seemed. In the longue durée, this experience opened the door for the discovery of true love, a good woman......and the opportunity to report from the outskirts of the globe....

Computers aren't much different than women. They're complicated, defy logic, supposedly make life simpler, and last, but not least, are a royal pain in the arse! Until yesterday, I had been using Internet Explorer, like 99.9% of the population, when i discovered a plague of sorts had infested my computer. Due to the nature of my work, I deal with a lot of unsavory sites, so this wasn't surprising. So, upon de-bugging and rooting out all the evil things done to my CPU, I read where Internet Explorer is particularly susceptible to this sort of thing.

So, I made the switch....Unlike New Coke in 1985, this radical shift has proved to be a complete success....so far. I now am the proud user of Mozilla Firefox

Folks, you should give it a whirl. If you don't like it, you can easily switch back to Internet Explorer. (And no, I'm not getting compensated by Mozilla. )

No comments: