An Expat Life: Nicaragua Blues and Ruse

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Shock and Awe...Urban Warfare In The Desert!


GATORS WIN. NATIONAL CHAMPS ONCE AGAIN!!!!!

That has to be my favorite football game of all-time. From a purely selfish standpoint, it couldn't have gone any better had I scripted it. It was like when I used to play Atari football when I was a kid, manipulating both joysticks, so the 'blue guys' could dominate the 'red guys.' I would pretend that the blue team was Florida, while the red team was the Dawgs. Well....last night, they were the Buckeyes...
After the opening kickoff TD, two thoughts quickly raced into my head. First, and foremost, I was afraid that Ohio State was going to match the Gators speed and play more physically. Ted Ginn sure made everyone look slow on that play. The other, lesser thought, running around in my noggin was, maybe this play is an anomoly. I remember a Florida-Miami game when Zook was coach, when Devin Hester returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and Florida went on to completely dominate...(only to ultimately lose in grand-Zook fashion.) Anyways, I can't talk about Zook right now! Simply put, Ohio State had no answer for Florida's defensive line...They were too quick, like bookends firing through the line every snap. Florida had too many weapons, and it was an ugly, ugly game for objective viewers. I can't really articulate much more right now, but suffice it to say, I will probably never enjoy a blowout football game any more than the one I witnessed last night. I sure hope Urban Meyer doesn't want anything to do with the NFL!
Signing Day for recruiting promises to be a fun one this year..........

No comments: