An Expat Life: Nicaragua Blues and Ruse

Monday, January 15, 2007

For those of you that know me, know that I love the Blues, particularly acoustic 'Country Blues'. Well, one of my revised life goals is to be able to play 'Country Blues' (ahem...with some singing as well) At any rate, the above video is a classic about a bad woman, 'Crow Jane' (I have to tell you that, as I can't sing it yet!)

This one is 'Coffee Blues', also known as 'Lovin' Spoonful'. Mississippi John Hurt does an incredible version of it. As you will see, I don't know how to properly 'end' songs yet....it just tends to come crashing down, with missed notes and other 'signs' that I should probably go grab a beer and watch TV for awhile.

Finally, another by Mississippi John Hurt, 'Ain't Nobody's Dirty Business'. I actually sing a little on this one! Anyways, now you all know what I've been doing with my free time. I've re-dedicated my life to the blues...

No comments: