An Expat Life: Nicaragua Blues and Ruse

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Monday Morning Blues On Tuesday

Well, as you may have gathered, I've been a bit busy lately. I haven't posted a Monday Morning Blues review in quite awhile, dedicating much of my time to my other blog.

Anyway, I offer you a more modern blues album/artist this week, Little Walter.

Best known as Muddy Waters' harmonica player, Marion Walter Jacobs was a blues innovator of the later generations of early bluesmen that made the Chicago sound famous. Although I'm not a huge fan of this sub-genre, I have to give credit where credit is due. Little Walter can flat out play the harmonica. Just have a little listen to arguably his most famous tune, Juke.

Well, if jukin' and jivin' with the mouth harp is your thing, check out Little Walter. You can almost smell the musky air and the see the neon of Chi-town's blues joints. Me.....well, I'll be down the road a piece on ole Highway 61.

No comments: