An Expat Life: Nicaragua Blues and Ruse

Friday, December 22, 2006

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays, one and all. As of today, only a select few of you are receiving this beacon of goodwill from the banana republic. I'm holding off on going 'public' until I get a handle on this blog business. Then, watch out! Total propaganda of his 'Bob-ness', Leadbelly, Florida Football, Braves Baseball, and killing coral snakes with machetes.

For those of you that didn't know it already, I butchered a coral snake in our front yard. Seems he was trying to trick-or-treat at the Atkinsons house. Brodie actually found him, mistaking him for the great legless, banded iguana. Jorge and I quickly dispatched him into serpent la-la land. Upon consulting with our community, we were given advice to stake out the perimeter of our residence with garlic. I guess we'll kill two birds with one stone.....no Dracula, no coral snakes! At any rate, we're preparing for the holidays. I'm making cds for our employees, as they can't get enough rock-n-roll...So, I'm obliging them. Cds cost about 20-25 dollars a piece and the average Nica that is fortunate enough to be working, makes about 150/month. So...there you have it.

We are reminded every day how truly blessed each of us are. Nicaragua is a sobering place.

No comments: